While EngMaths.org and its affiliates believe in the free flow of information, we also expect to be fairly attributed for our work. So unless otherwise noted, you can feel free to republish our articles online or in print for free as long as you clearly and visibly credit both EngMaths.org and the author(s), and as long as you don’t edit or sell the articles separately. Please follow the detailed guidelines below.
If you are a writer/blogger wishing to share your content with us, please email us at email@example.com.
Republishing rules, for print and online
- Crediting authors – All our authors MUST be credited in the byline in a visible place at the top of the article. e.g. “Author Name, Affiliation”
- Crediting EngMaths.org – A link back to the original EngMaths.org article must be included in the text. This should be done at the top of the article.
- Editing – Unless you have express permission from the author, you may only edit our material to reflect relative changes in time, location, editorial style and regional spelling. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” “Zurich” to “here”, and “characterize” to “characterise”). You may not arbitrarily delete portions of the text, but if space is tight, you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article, followed by “Read the full article at EngMaths.org ” with a link back to the article page on our site. If you need to materially edit our content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request.
- PDFs, images, video, audio and other supplemental material – All supplemental material, including (but not limited to) images, PDFs, audio, video, text and other files MUST remain in their original posted location. You may not under any circumstances upload these to your own server. Please be aware that such material may not be licensed for redistribution beyond our EngMaths.org properties.
- Image copyright – You must confirm for yourself that you’re licensed to republish images in our articles. Some sources don’t allow their images to be republished without permission, and it is your responsibility to check first.
- Advertising – It’s OK to put our articles on pages with ads, but you can’t sell our material separately, or put our articles behind an “ad wall” that forces the reader to click or close the ad before accessing the article.
- Systematic republishing – You may republish individual articles on occasion, but you may not systematically republish our articles. If that’s your aim, please contact us: email@example.com
- Links to EngMaths.org ; use of the EngMaths.org logo – We appreciate referrals, mentions and links to our homepage (http://EngMaths.org ) or to specific articles and authors. You may link to EngMaths.org or use our logo as long as the referral does not cast us in a false or misleading light.
- Frames – You may not frame the content of our site.
- Licensing – Unless otherwise noted, all our articles are licensed under Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives, which explains the legal details. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org